Arabic & Religion
At Al Sadiq College students are taught to develop or extend communicative skills in both spoken and written Arabic. They are also taught to exercise these skills in a variety of purposes. One of the main purposes is to enhance understanding about Arabic and Islamic culture and specifically the Muslim Alawite culture and traditions. Students are placed into ability groups for Arabic studies, to enable them to master the language at their own level. All Arabic units will be linked to the topics that the students are learning about in other Key Learning Areas in class.
Religious lessons are run twice a week. Lessons consist of:
- Moral Education e.g. Obedience to parents, and honesty etc.
- Learning prayer ( Salat) (In accordance to the teachings of Imam Jafar Al Sadiq A.S)
- Leaning to read the Holy Quran (using correct reading techniques)
- Promoting Islamic brotherhood.
- We also value teaching students to have good relations with people of other religions.